Saturday, March 20, 2010

Are you there internet, its me Anna.


I have made a great leap to the new final frontier - the one we created....the one that allows us to break though new frontiers without leaving our living rooms - and here I am in my living room in Hamilton Ontario. I have been living here for almost a year now after moving from my home town of Halifax Nova Scotia on the smallest of adventures to find that Ontario has huge skys, brick brick and more lovely brick and really big squirrels.....which I love because they are not at all afraid to run about in the city. I must have thought that this whimsy (greatly illustrated at the hands of my NUMEROUS ontario born peers living as artists in N.S.) was a greatly embellished form of stylized motif and I was hugely exited to find that the clouds are in fact that fluffy looking and so high up as opposed to grey and pressing down on you the way that coastal skys love to do - giving your soul something to fight against. I was also please to find birds of every color. This I was anticipating however and very exited about.

Yesterday I saw a Hairy woodpecker in a park on my walk to work, when I got home I had to discern from my memories the shape of its beak and sleakness of its feather since it has a brother - the downey woodpecker - which is essentially the same bird but fluffier.




but after much deliberation, this is defiantly the little guy I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment